Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Birth of a Blog

I've been thinking about starting a blog about quilting and sewing and other needlework projects that I like to do.   This has been in the back of my head for a couple of years, but I have never really invested the time to look into exactly HOW to start a blog.  So the other day, I posted on Facebook and asked my friends if any of them had a blog, how they started it, what they used it for, etc.

The responses I got were basically - go for it!  It doesn't cost anything, and if you don't like it, you can delete it.  So I opened a few of the blogs that I follow to see where they were hosted, and found Blogger.  Right at the top of the page, there is a link that says that I don't have a blog and it gives me the opportunity to start one! Seems easy enough, right?  So I took a deep breath and clicked the link. The first thing I have to do is name my blog.  Name my blog.  OK.  What should I name my blog? After staring at the page for a good 15 minutes, I shut the webpage and went off to think about it.  I thought about it for a whole day. What would a good title be?  Aren't all the good titles taken already?

This morning I did some searches for likely name candidates.  All the 'clever' ones I could think of were taken.  (sad face)  So I decided that I didn't need to be clever, I would just be straightforward and use the blog name to describe what it was all about.  So 'My Quilty Musings' is born!




No comments:

Post a Comment