Friday, January 9, 2015

New Year, New Projects?

Every year it happens. I find new online Mystery Quilts, or Block of the Month Quilts, or challenges, and I jump in and start them.  All of them.  I mean, they all look so promising!   This year is no different, I found a bunch of exciting, fun projects, all for free!.  The only difference is that this year, I am going to try to limit the number of new projects that I start.  I need to give priority to the raffle quilt I mentioned in yesterday's post.  That definitely won't take all my time, but I really need to make sure I finish it on time.  So just because I am listing these projects here, doesn't mean that I am going to do them all!  (At least, that's what I'm saying now...)

Here is a list of the new projects I've found online so far, in no particular order:

1. Pat Sloan's 'Vacation' Block of the Month
    January to October, finished size 64" x 68"                http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/2015-pat-sloan-mystery-bom-vacations.htm

2. Quiltmaker Magazine Auld Lang Stitches on the Quilty Pleasures Blog
     January 1st to February 19th, weekly, twin size 72" X 96"

3. Quiltmaker Magazine Bitty Blocks on the Quilty Pleasures Blog
     First Monday of the month for 12 months.  Blocks finish at 3 to 4 inches.
     Make a bunch each month and sew them into a row.  The finished project will be a throw sized row quilt.

4.  Aurifil Designer Block of the Month.  
     https://auribuzz.wordpress.com/2014/12/07/meet-the-2015-aurifil-design-team/  This year, the directions will be released mid month instead of on the first. Last year, there was an Aurifil Thread giveaway every month,and it appears  that they are going to do the same this year.  Enter by posting a picture of your finished block(s) on Flickr page and link to the Aurifil page:
     https://www.flickr.com/groups/2013aurifildom/

5. Craftsy Block of the Month designed by Jinny Beyer
    http://www.craftsy.com/class/2015-craftsy-block-of-the-month/4816
    Video lessons available whenever you want to watch. New lessons are available each month, and you can watch the videos whenever you want. Previous years' BOMs are still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment