Sunday, February 14, 2016

Free Online Projects

Is anyone else doing any quilt-a-longs or Block of the Month quilts?  Not the ones where you have to pay for the pattern and/or the fabric, but the free ones that you can find online? 

I collect the patterns for free online Block of the Month quilts.  I've collected A LOT of them.  The earliest ones I have are from 2007 - almost 10 years ago! That is when I started quilting in earnest, and I had all good intentions to make each one of them...someday. 

I checked the flash drive where I store the BOM patterns.  Good grief, I have the patterns for over 60 BOMs!  I didn't manage to collect all the blocks for all of them, so I think that I will delete the incomplete ones.  That will probably still leave me with 45-ish BOM collections.  Am I really going to make all of them? No, I just can't imagine that I will.  Will I still collect them?  LOL, yeah, probably!  

Anyway, I plan to blog about my progress on the three projects that I have decided to do this year - The 365 Block Challenge, The Spendid Sampler and the Aurifil Designer Block of the Month.  Tomorrow I will post a description and links to each of these projects.

I may post once a day or once a week, but I hope you will join me on my journey this year!  We can share our progress (or lack thereof ;>) frustrations, successes, etc.  See you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment