Sunday, November 1, 2015

One Last Scrap Addicts Project - Stars in Stripes



Stars in Stripes 

It was with mixed feelings that I submitted my last Scrap Addicts project to my Quiltmaker editor. On the one hand, it was DONE  and I don't need to stress about it anymore.  On the other hand, it was my LAST project, and I will miss the interactions with my fellow Addicts and the Scrap Addict editor, Diane Harris.  She has been a great cheerleader for us, and has provided wonderful encouragement along the way!

In my experience, being a Scrap Addict has been a lot of fun, and quite a challenge!  Being a Scrap Addict meant that I needed to come up with at least 2 quilts based on Bonnie Hunter's blocks that were published in her Addicted to Scraps column in Quiltmaker Magazine.  That included coming up with a quilt design, choosing the fabrics, figuring out how much of each scrap fabric I had, and where it should go in the quilt, piecing the top, sandwiching it, choosing the quilt design, quilting it  and binding it.  Whew! In retrospect, it was a lot of work, but it was all worth it!  I guess I was a bit of an overachiever because I actually decided to do three projects, not two.  Some of my trials and tribulations involved with that decision can be found in my previous blog posts. 

If you ever get a chance to be a Scrap Addict, go for it!

Here is a link to the post on the Quilty Pleasures Blog about Stars in Stripes.   You can read about (and see) some of the 'trials and tribulations' involved!

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2015/10/scrap-quilt-ideas-bonnie-hunter-and-criss-cross-stars/

No comments:

Post a Comment