Monday, October 12, 2015

Second Scrap Addicts Project Posted!

I just have a few minutes, but I want to tell you about something exciting!

I checked the Quilty Pleasures blog this morning and saw that they posted a really nice write-up about my Pinwheels on Parade quilt!  This quilt was based on the Pinwheel Fancy block in the Jan/Feb issue of Quiltmaker Magazine.  Even though it was the first issue of the year, it was my second Scrap Addicts project. It's a long story, which you can read about here:

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1433796494159036982#editor/target=post;postID=5194471439695586211;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=11;src=postname

I had a real "Aw, shucks" moment when I read today's post. Diane Harris, who is one of the editors over at Quiltmaker Magazine, said that my quilt was "Brilliant".  Wow!  Who, me? She really didn't mean that, did she? I am really flattered.  I took a few required art classes in high school, but I have been a scientist most of my life.  So having people compliment me on my quilts is a new twist.  A very nice twist, I must say :->.  

Here is the link to the blog post: http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2015/10/bonnie-hunter-pinwheel-fancy-and-barb-johnsons-scrap-quilt/

I hope that you will come back and visit my blog soon.  I am going to have a some nice give-aways in conjunction with the next issue of the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks magazine, which will be coming out sometime in November.  It would make a great stocking stuffer for any quilters among your family and friends!

Now it's outside to finish winterizing the yard while the weather is still nice!  I hate to think that summer is over, but I have to face facts.  And I'd rather be outside getting rid of tomato plants and pulling the root crops now than wait until it is cold, dreary and wet.  

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment