Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Progress on my Scrap Addicts projects and Quilt Design Wizard

I've been on a cutting and sewing binge lately.  Today, for example, I cut out 8 blocks for my first Scrap Addicts project, and I sewed together 11 blocks.  So I have 69 blocks sewn, and 13 more cut out and ready to sew.  Woohoo, only 18 more to cut!  I don't know if I mentioned that my first project will have a 10 x 10 block layout, and there are 14 pieces in each block.  That's 1,400 pieces. I'm REALLY glad that I didn't figure that out until I was about halfway done, or I would have never tackled it!   

I also started my second project, and it is going together a lot quicker than the first one. It'll probably end up smaller than the first project. I was playing with layouts in Quilt Design Wizard, and I think it will end up as a nice couch sized quilt.  I tend to use Windows Excel to play with quilt blocks and designs, but when I'm using a block that is already in the program, it's sometimes easier to just use Quilt Design Wizard.  For those of you who aren't familiar with QDW, it is made by the same company as Electric Quilt.  If you think you'd like to try quilt design software, but aren't sure you want to dive into a complicated program like EQ,  QDW is an inexpensive way to get your feet wet, so to speak.  Here is a link to the website: 

 http://doyoueq.com/what-is-qdw/


No comments:

Post a Comment